Site Recorder 4: Getting Started with the Exercise Book
Evaluating and Learning to use Site Recorder 4
You can try Site Recorder for free as an unlicensed copy will run in Demonstration (Demo) mode. In Demo mode you can use all of the features and the tools in the program but the number of objects you can add is limited. More information about Demo mode can be found on the Demonstration Mode page.
You can also learn to use Site Recorder 4 without having to buy a copy of the program as Demo mode allows use of the program's features and tools. This means you can become an expert in the use of the program before joining a project that is using it or as an extra skill to add to your CV or resume that will be useful later in your career.
If you have purchased a copy of the program then the Exercise Book can still be used but the limitations of Demo mode will have been removed and the program can be used to its full capability
Using the Exercise Book
We found from experience in teaching this software that the best way to learn to use Site Recorder 4 is to use the Site Recorder Exercise Book. This book contains a series of linked exercises that you can work through at your own pace. Each exercise includes step-by-step instructions on what to do and at the end shows a screenshot of the finished results for comparison. The exercises should be completed in the order given as later exercises use knowledge gained in previous work or use Site files created in earlier exercises. Earlier chapters cover features that are most commonly used leaving the later chapters to cover more advanced features.
The Site Recorder Exercise Book is installed with the Site Recorder program but the latest version can also be downloaded by clicking this link.
Lets get started. Follow the procedure below to download and install Site Recorder, start the program and open the Exercise Book:
1. Download the latest version of Site Recorder by clicking this link. This will download the install program to your computer.
2. Run the downloaded install program on your computer and follow the instructions on the screen. Instructions on how to install Site Recorder can be found here.
3. Run Site Recorder by double clicking the 3H icon on your computer's desktop.
4. Read the Getting Started document that appears when the program is first started, or read it here.
4. To show the Exercise book from within Site Recorder, select Show Site Documents from the Help menu and double-click the file 'SiteRecorder4ExerciseBook.pdf'
5. Start at the beginning of the Exercise Book and work through the exercises one by one.
Once completed you will be familiar with Site Recorder 4, will have used the main features and tools in the program and will be ready to use Site Recorder on a real project.